The New Year is upon us and it's the perfect time to make a change, so let's do it together because change is much easier when you have support! Good intentions tend to fade out after a month or two, so let's approach the New Year properly, with a manageable plan that's fun, healthy and achievable. The big mistake everyone makes when they set themselves New Year's resolutions is they make it all too serious. So let's create a plan we can stick to, that doesn't seem like a chore and is full of enjoyable things, all of which will help to make a new you for 2016. To start off the New Year on the right foot let's set five achievable life goals that will benefit our health, fitness and wellbeing through some subtle lifestyle changes we can actually have fun with.
1. Begin Your Day In A Healthy Way Starting the day off in a healthy fashion makes it much easier to end it in the same way. Here we have an easy, quick breakfast idea to whip up in the morning and eat on the go if you're in a rush. Simple, delicious and fresh, this recipe will help to start off your day in the right way and keep you going until lunch time.
What You'll Need:
A glass jar
Starting with the muesli, add a layer of chopped banana, spoon in the the soy yogurt, top with blueberries and almonds followed by a drizzle of honey. Viola! This breakfast idea is so quick and easy we're sure you'll be able to maintain this goal.
2. Make Time For Yourself, Read A Book When you're super busy, like so many of us are, it's all too easy to become overworked and neglect "me time". Well that simply won't do, so let's start this year as we mean to go on, with a good book. To make this goal even more interesting try selecting vintage or secondhand books and explore authors or genres you might not have tried before; sometimes these books make the most interesting reads. At the end of the day just before you go to bed read a chapter or two of your book, it will soon become part of your routine and something to relax you after a busy day. Once you've finished each book why not pass it on to a friend and encourage them to do the same?
3. Inspire Yourself With Your Own Surroundings A tidy, organized and clean environment does wonders for your frame of mind, especially in the work place. Keep your space uncomplicated, uncluttered and inspirational with plants, artwork and lots of light. Starting the New Year with something as practical as this is an easy objective and something we can all benefit from.
4. Get Some Fresh Air! Whether you want to walk or run, it doesn't matter as long as you get outside for some fresh air. Not only will it make you feel better, it's a great way to stay fit and healthy. If you begin this goal by simply telling yourself you're just getting some air, then it doesn't seem like exercise. Maybe you live near a park, a beach or a river, even if you're in the city, make the effort to take in your surroundings and clear your head after a long stressful day. This goal is really easy, achievable and it will do you good.
5. Make Unusual Plans With Friends Time with friends is precious, so instead of the same old plans why not mix things up a bit? Swap coffee and cake for exploring your community, there are probably places in your neighbourhood you've never even seen. Check out local landmarks and act like a tourist for the day in your own town, delving into local legends and history will be a lot more interesting than just shopping for the afternoon. This is a resolution you and your friends will love, building great memories for 2016.